I am a certified birth and postpartum doula and lactation educator. My commitment as a doula is to ensure you have the birth you envision. It is important that you are comfortable and confident in your choice of doula. Every labor and every birth is unique; my commitment is for us to work together as a team. Confidence as a birthing mother will be created with education and knowledge. Fear and uncertainty can appear; knowledge and confidence are the perfect tools to address this.
Whether your path includes meditation, medication or both, you can count on the birth to be what you design for you and your child’s birthing experience. My studies include prenatal yoga, breath work, pre/postnatal nutrition, hypnobirthing and lactation, so if you see support enhancing your early motherhood experience, I can see you through.
“My nature is calm and present; these abilities will serve you and your partner in keeping the course you have chosen while allowing you be in your experience.”.
After spending 2 years volunteering in the Labor and Delivery Department at Cedars-Sinai, I understand the policies of hospitals and can work with them to advocate your delivery the way you choose it to be. The benefits of my role as a postpartum doula include successful breastfeeding, connective bonding with your baby, and management of daily life during the transition you will have welcoming your new addition. Postpartum support will also be infused with caring for and nurturing yourself while caring for your newborn.
Certifications & Education
- DONA Birth Doula Training- DC(DONA) – October 2008
- DONA Postpartum Doula Training- PCD(DONA) – October 2008
- UCLA Certified Lactation Educator Training CLE – September 2010
- Hypnobabies- Hypnodoula – March 2009
- Yoga Maze- 200hr RYT – March 2016
- Ma Yoga- 85hr RPYT – September 2014
- Fetal Life And Birth- Dr. Michele Odent – April 2009
- Orthodox Jewish Birth- Dr. Elliot Berlin DC – April 2009
- 12 Hour Anusara Yoga for Pregnancy – March 2010
- Dr. Jack Newman Breastfeeding Full Circle – November 2016
- Birth and Pregnancy- Naoli Vinegar Lopez CPM – June 2011
- Spinning Babies- Gail Tully CPM – November 2012
- Maternal Mental Health Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorder
- LA County Perinatal Mental Health Task Force – September 2013
- Safe Infant Sleep and Breastfeeding, Long Beach Memorial Hospital
- Dr. James McKenna – March 2014
- Kangaroo Mother Care- Dr. Nils Bergman MD, MDH, PHD – October 2014
- Return To Zero: Fetal Demise- Kiley Hanish OTD, OTR/L – March 2016
Affiliations & Memberships
DASC- Doulas of Southern California
Yoga Alliance- RYT 200
Yoga Alliance- RPYT 85
Ma Yoga for Pregnancy
Trustline- Trustline Registry
I Look Forward to Hearing from You
Contact me to set up a free consultation and talk about your upcoming birth.